Anna’s guest this week on ‘All things Autism’ at Women’s Radio was Charmaine Champ, who is a Continence Sleep and Behaviour Consultant
Anna Kennedy’s guest this week on Women’s Radio Station was Charmaine Champ.
‘All things Autism” will be aired at 1pm and 1am every day this week. Please see www.womensradiostation.com
As a Continence Sleep and Behaviour Consultant, with over twenty-five years, qualified experience specialising in supporting all children, young people and adults, as a registered nurse in learning disability and community nurse specialist background in supporting individuals with and without a diagnosis of Autism, Learning Disability, Complex, Additional needs, and Neurodiversity, their families, carers, professionals, organisations, charities, I am passionate about helping individuals.
My role specialises in providing a holistic approach to individuals continence, sleep and behavioural needs, through incorporating physical health needs, communication, sensory needs, behavioural and environmental approaches within all starter packages, direct solution packages of care, online courses, groups and two published books.
Through my role I have been developing several new initiatives to support individuals and their families in being successful with toileting, sleeping and behavioural needs:
- Published: Bowel and Bladder Assessment Pack, Step by Step guide for families, carers and professionals in how to help children and young people with complex needs be successful with toileting, available direct or via Amazon.
- Published: Bobby can use the toilet, social story book with clear text and illustrations to help understand and learn the toileting routine, available direct or via Amazon.
- Introduced: YouTube channel: Charmaine Champ, produced a selection of step-by-step FREE videos for families
- Producing a “Toileting Kit” for children, young people and adults, providing step by step guidance to be implemented within the home and community. The Toileting Kit incorporates physical health, behavioural and communication aids and has been jointly developed with Orkid Ideas and will be launched soon!
- Producing a “new” online course: Achieving Poo SUCCESS, providing everything you as a family, carer, or professional will need to help your child, young people who will only poo in a nappy, be successful in moving towards pooing in the toilet. Achieving Poo SUCCESS incorporates a holistic approach and has been jointly developed with Therapeeze and will be launched soon!
- Producing a “new” toileting support group for families, online to receive ongoing support, advice and information to help their individual children, young people or adults to be successful with using the toilet, will be launched soon!
- Producing a “Sleep Kit” for children, young people and adults, providing step by step guidance to be implemented within the home. The Sleep Kit incorporates physical health, behavioural and communication aids and will be launched soon!
- Producing a online course: Exploring continence, sleep, behaviour and sensory needs to be launched soon!
- Producing a “new” sleep support group for families, online to receive ongoing support, advice and information to help their individual children, young people or adults to be successful with sleeping, will be launched soon!
Help is available, should you or a family you support have any concerns around a child, young person or adult’s continence sleep or behavioural needs.
Further support is available through a FREE Introductory call, FREE Supporting Videos, Published books, Online courses, Online support group, Direct Starter Packages, Direct Solution Comprehensive Assessment Packages of Care and many more support options.
If you would like to hear more about the new initiates being produced and being launched soon, feel free to share your details and be the first to receive the information!
Look forward to speaking and support you further
Continence Sleep and Behaviour Consultant
Clear Steps Consultancy
Website: (To be launched Summer 2021): www.clearstepsconsultancy.co.uk
Connect with Charmaine on Social Media: