Autism Acceptance – an article from our Ambassador Paul Isaacs
Note this is from a personal perspective
I first met Anna Kennedy at an event in 2017 and from there on in I became an ambassador, trainer and recently and consultant.
Understanding and accommodation
It would be fair of me to say that Anna and her team are understanding, accommodating, flexible, self-owning and have fair and concise boundaries which aid in the training and consultancy process.
Over the years I have said to the team about the various different information processing challenges which I continue to have such as –
- Faceblindness (prosopagnosia) – Recognising people by patterns of movement, contextual association, and voice.
- Language Processing (aphasia) – Needing processing time verbally and noting that I have preference for emails, type communication.
- Visual Perception (agnosias) – Noting that can struggle with visual association, mapping out people and places.
- Alexithymia – Noting that this may impact on my ability to make instant emotive based decisions.
- Dyslexia – Mala one of the team members kindly sifts through my articles looking for dyslexic errors in grammar and punctuation.
Work Ethos & Balance
Further expanding on this the work ethos is a mixed between structured and casual with a firm emphasis on community, family and egalitarian values, the balance is that they see me as a three-dimensional human being which is at the heart of meaningful and connective inclusive minded treading that is propped by firm foundation of autonomy and mental wellness. I value from an interior reference point of being with team because of this.
Paul Isaacs 2022