Autism Dance Day Campaign 2023#AutismDanceDay
Autism Dance Day
We cannot believe it has been twelve years that we have celebrated Autism Dance Day!!!
Benefits of dance and movement for autistic children and adults:
- Improved attention and concentration.
- It gives freedom to be expressive of their emotions, using movements.
- It helps enhance their social interactions and leads to the formation of relationships when placed in groups.
- A therapist can help people to develop vocabulary skills, using the imitation of the repetitive movements the person engages in.
- They learn different patterns of movements required for daily activities.
- Group sessions are best to develop communications and social skills.
- Choreographed sequences can help in enhancing one’s memory.
- Touch during therapy helps in reducing sensitivity to physical touch and helps build trust.
- Improved body image.
- It helps in developing body awareness and promotes general well-being.
- Different planes of motion during therapy helps to stimulate verbal communication skills.
- It also helps to strengthen fine motor skills.
- It provides a platform for autistic individuals to build upon their social skills, which helps them further to understand the emotions and feeling of other people.
- They learn to develop empathy.
- It helps them to learn adaptation to different situations.
So, get your dancing shoes on and strike a pose and have fun!!! #dancelikenooneiswatching
Please see below news about Step in the Right Direction – Autism Dance Day campaign
Anna Kennedy Online celebrates Autism Dance Day 2023 We cannot believe it has been twelve years that we have celebrated Autism Dance Day
Anna Kennedy Online celebrates Autism Dance Day 2022 We cannot believe it has been eleven years that we have celebrated Autism Dance Day
Every year we celebrate Step in the Right Direction Autism Dance Day on the last Friday of April because of my love of dance throughout
Announcing our winners for AKO Dance Day! On Friday 30th April we celebrated the tenth year of Step in the Right Direction Dance Day
Step in the Right Direction Dance Day
Our campaign Step in the Right Direction on the last Friday in April every year we celebrate Autism Dance Day
Anna’s guests this week at Women’s Radio – Aaron Yorke
Born Anxious are delighted to be joining Autism Ambassador Anna Kennedy OBE once again to raise funds for Anna Kennedy Online .Anna Kennedy OBE is celebrating her 9th Year of encouraging everyone countywide to Dance, this is usually taking place in schools, colleges...
Join in on our Campaign: Step in the Right Direction Autism Dance Day on Friday 24th April 2020 On the last Friday in April every year we celebrate this event and this year will be no different and we will be in our 9th year and this year we will be choosing 10...
Autism’s got Talent perform at the flagship Apple store