Anna Kennedy Online – Autism Awareness Charity

If an adult is to receive a service from a local authority, they must have come to the attention of the local authority and an assessment (called a needs assessment) will need to have taken place and social services will have concluded that they qualify to have their care and support needs met by them.  

To help ensure that the needs assessment takes place, the best thing for the person needing services or someone acting on their behalf if they dont have capacity to write to the Local Authority requesting the needs assessment.

Useful resources which will help provide template letters and useful explanatory background can be found at Irwin Mitchell Solicitors:

Click here for the sample letter


Share this:
Legal NewsMeeting the Social Care Needs of Adults