Men’s radio station and Women’s radio station collaborate with mental health solutions in business to offer £100,000 free mental health courses for NHS & front-line workers
I am proud for over two years to be a presenter talking ‘All things Autism’ on Women’s Radio Station every week at 1pm.
We are all excited as presenters of Women’s Radio Station and Men’s Radio Station to announce that we are in collaboration with Mental Health Solutions in Business to be able to offer 100k free Mental Health workshops for NHS and Front-line workers.
Please see further information below:
It is time to give back, to say ‘thank you’ and to show our appreciation in a practical, supportive manner. We’ve all clapped on our doorsteps, but as the lock-down slowly eases, but with the thought of a second wave of Coronavirus potentially looming, NHS and front-line staff will finally have time to reflect on their magnificent, heroic, selfless work.
These tireless men and women are, like us, only human. They are not immune from the enormous stress that they have experienced nor that this can lead, directly, to mental health issues.
As our way of providing hands-on, practical help, broadcaster and writer Russ Kane and his co-founder of Men’s Radio Station and Women’s Radio Station, entrepreneur and theatre-ownerHoward Jameson, have joined forces with Steve Jackson and Bernadette Bruckner, founders of Mental Health Solutions in Business to offer up to £100,000 worth of FREE accredited Mental Health awareness courses designed to help people assess their mental health and spot the signs that they or their colleagues are not coping early.
NHS staff and front-line workers can select the course of their choice for no charge. There are no strings, no sign-ups, no contracts – nothing. For once it does what it says on the tin – free professional mental health courses.
It’s our way of showing our gratitude.
Russ Kane and Howard Jameson founded Men’s Radio Station in January 2019, exactly one year after they launched Women’s Radio Station with Penny Horner of The Jermyn Street Theatre. Both stations are on-air 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The ethos is to remove the stigma surrounding mental health issues and to create a non-judgemental space where men could truly discuss the issues that affected them most.
In the UK, the suicide statistics are 80% men, 20% women. Bottling up emotions can lead to catastrophic results, hence the station’s strap-line ‘Where Men Really Talk’. The reaction to M.R.S has been exceptionally positive among its world-wide audience and the medical community.
Mental Health Solutions in Business has been running successfully for many years, under the leadership of Steve Jackson and Bernadette Bruckner. Its aim is to offer training for companies own in-house staff to help identify problems and facilitate help; a ‘keep up to date’ service to ensure employers are always aware of changes to the Equality Act as they happen and give access to 24/7 professional counselling – anywhere – for their workers.
Mental health in the workplace is one of the hottest topics in industry today, second only to restoring the economy after COVID-19. However, the two are integrally linked, no more so than the extraordinary stresses that NHS staff and frontline workers have endured week after week.
Full details of this ground-breaking initiative are available on both the MRS and MSBHELP.CO.UK websites.
Details of the available courses in brief: ALL COURSES ARE CPD ACCREDITED WITH HIGH LEARNING POINTS AND PERSONALISED CERTIFICATE ON COMPLETION.
This CPD accredited online course focuses on helping the individual keep a great work life balance. It is suitable for everyone. Covering:
- Emotional Feelings
- Increasing focus and attention
- Increasing Concentration
- Over thinking
This CPD accredited course is geared towards individuals who wish to get more information and understanding of Mental Health for themselves and others. Covering:
- Spot the signs of Mental Health issues
- Identifying common Mental Health Illnesses
- Recognising things that are causing stress in yourself and others
- Strategies to help cope with stress
This CPD accredited course is designed for Directors, Senior Management (particularly HR) and all Policy decision makers. Covering : (This is an medium level course and will require some understanding of Employers legal responsibilities.)
- Employers and Chain of Command Staff responsibilities
- Legal Obligations
- Spot the signs of Mental Health Issues in your Employees
- How to approach those ‘difficult conversations’ with Employees
- Awareness of self care strategies
- Implement best Practice, Policies and Procedures
This course is designed for Directors, Senior Management (particularly HR) and all Policy decision makers. Covering (This is an advanced course and suitable for people who hold senior management positions)
- Pitfalls of not understanding tour Legal Responsibilities
- Methods of implementing ‘reasonable adjustments’
- Spot the signs of Mental Health issues in your Employees
- Self care strategies for all Employees
- Become a Mental Health Ambassador with all of its advantages
INSTRUCTIONS: HOW TO OBTAIN YOUR FREE COURSES
- CLICK THE LINK BY THE COURSE YOU ARE INTERESTED IN TAKING, THE LINK WILL TAKE YOU TO THE LEARNING PLATFORM ON THE WEB SITE.
- WHEN YOU LAND ON WWW.MENTALHEALTHSOLUTIONSINBUSINESS.COM WEB SITE YOU WILL NEED TO ADD THE COURSE TO YOUR SHOPPING BASKET.
- ENTER THE VOUCHER CODE 032020 INTO THE CHECKOUT AND YOUR CARD WILL NOT BE DEBITED FOR ANY MONEY. THE CODE WILL RETURN THE AMOUNT OWED TO £0.00
- YOU WILL THEN BE SENT VIA E MAIL YOUR LOG IN DETAILS TO BEGIN THE COURSE AT YOUR OWN PACE.
- YOU CAN LOG OUT AND RETURN TO THE COURSE ANYTIME.